If you are asking “who blocked me on Twitter?” you have a long way to go as default it is not theoretically possible to see who blocked you on Twitter and take action accordingly.
Twitter gives you the opportunity to control your feed by blocking people you don’t want to see. Also, it can be a person that annoys you from messages, mentions, etc. you can easily block them.
However, as you know, this also applies to the other side. This means someone can block you anytime they want, and unfortunately, you don’t get a notification when they block you.
Can I See Who Blocked Me on Twitter?
You can’t get a full list of profiles that blocked you from Twitter.
Nonetheless, if you suspect some people that may have blocked you, there is a way to find out with a few easy steps:
- Open Twitter on your PC or use the Twitter app on your phone.
- Search the person you are suspecting that might block you. Write their username on the search box and go to their profile.
If you can not see their profile and there is an alert that says “[the blocker] blocked you. You are blocked from following [the blocker] and viewing [the blocker’s] Tweets.”
That means you were right, the person you were suspecting did really block you on Twitter.
Someone Blocked Me on Twitter: Now What?
Well, let’s see what being blocked means and what it really does.
- You can not follow the person who blocked you on Twitter no more.
- You can not see their tweets, mentions, media, likes, etc. However, this is mutual. The blocker can’t see your tweets, mentions, etc. unless he/she open your Twitter account and view your tweets.
- Nonetheless, if they blocked you and want to see your tweets when they open your account, there is going to be an alert that says “[your account name] is blocked. Are you sure you want to view these Tweets? Viewing Tweets won’t unblock [your account name].” Moreover, there should be an option as “View Tweets.” If they tap on it, they can see your tweets, mentions, etc.
- If you mention someone who blocked you, they won’t see it. Unfortunately, you can’t send tweets to that person.
- You can’t send private messages to your blocker anymore.
- If you have mutual followers and they retweet your tweet, your blocker won’t see that tweet. And if your mutual follower sent a mention that includes you two, you both can see and reply to that tweet, but your blocker won’t see your reply.
I would like to add, if your blocker doesn’t have a protected account, log out from your account and then type their account name on your browser. In this way, you can see their tweets.
Twitter won’t let you see their likes, mentions, followers, and follows, but at least you can see their tweets and retweets.
However, if he/she has a protected account, you can only open a new Twitter account, get some new Twitter followers, send the person a follow request and hope that they will accept your request.
Is There a List of People Who Blocked Me on Twitter?
Like we said earlier, no, unfortunately not. There will be no notification when someone blocks you. Maybe Twitter just doesn’t want to upset you, right?
However, if you find out who blocked you by going to their account, you can block them as well. So if they change their minds and want to unblock you, you will catch them by surprise.
We all know, revenge is a dish best served cold.
Nonetheless, there is a list of who you blocked on Twitter:
- If you are on your phone, open the Twitter app. If you are on your PC, open the Twitter on your browser.
- Tap on your profile icon and then tap “Settings and Privacy.”
- Tap “Privacy and Safety.”
- Find the “Blocked accounts” by swiping down. And there are all the people you blocked on Twitter.
Why Would Someone Block Me on Twitter?
Well, Twitter is one of the biggest social media apps all around the world. Millions of people using Twitter every day.
A tweet that you sent on your phone in New York can be seen by a person from Tokyo. So, you can not control your tweet’s, retweet’s, mention’s, message’s results.
You can hurt someone’s feelings without knowing. Or it’s just your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend who doesn’t want to see your new relationships anymore. Or maybe it’s just a stranger, somehow pissed at you.
You don’t have to be angry or upset about someone blocking you. We can not block our annoying boss in real life, so when people have the opportunity to block anyone, literally anyone, in social media, they want to use it.
Yes, unfortunately, it’s probably personal, but why would you want someone that already blocked you? Maybe it’s for the better because we all use social media apps to have fun.
Do you really want to argue on Twitter? If that’s the case, maybe you should quit Twitter for a while.
That’s why people ask the question: “who blocked me on Twitter.”
We can not know what this is about, but we suggest you just be cool about it.
How Can I Make Someone Unblock Me on Twitter?
If you don’t have access to the blocker’s account, you can’t unblock yourself. Even if you have access, we don’t recommend this unless you have the blocker’s permission.
Maybe you really disturb or harass the person who blocked you.
- So if you want them to unblock you, ask yourself if you make them uncomfortable about something.
- Try to find out why would he/she blocked you. It could be because of your tweets, messages, etc.
So if you really want them back; check your past conversations, your argues (if there is any), your tweets that may upset him/her and then maybe you can figure it out.
If there is a mutual follower that you two have, you can ask him/her to talk with your blocker. Maybe in this way you can find a way out.
We wish you luck with that.
There is no easy way to find an answer to the question: who blocked me on Twitter.
You can only search their account name and see if they blocked you or not. Being blocked isn’t very pleasant, and there are significant consequences, but you know this is not the end of the world.
We are sure you are going to find the best way out of this.
Thanks a lot for reading this article. Leave a comment down below, it gets quite lonely down there.