There are times in days when we just want to lay down a bit, get a cup of tea, and browse social media like a sloth. There is nothing to be ashamed of, though. We all shamelessly do that, and sometimes we come across some posts which we want to reshare on our own profile right away. However, how can we repost on Instagram without offending anyone or having to endure copyright infringements?
First of all, we should get accustomed to what a repost will mean for your own account and the original creator of the post. When you repost someone’s content, you kind of show your respect and appreciation to their creation. Unfortunately, there is still no possible ways to do that with an official Instagram feature. However, we can use other creative ideas and some popular third-party apps to achieve this and pay our respects.
How to Repost an Instagram Post
As we mentioned earlier, you cannot possibly repost an Instagram post with an Instagram feature.
However, there are two possible inventive ways to share that content on your profile without offending or harassing anyone. If you are ready to share your first repost, let’s have a look at those cited options.
Yes, you have to take their consent before resharing the content. Otherwise, they can make you take down the post or even sue you for copyright infringement.
Repost Someone’s Content with a Screenshot
Back in the good old days, when Instagram was allowing us to share only pictures on the platform with some retro-styled filters, everything was more relaxed. There were no confusing Stories, Highlights, IGTV, and well… There was not even a possible way to send a direct message to someone.
Back in those simpler times, we used to repost a picture with merely taking a screenshot of the original post and resharing it on your profile. Nevertheless, these days are long gone, but you can still use this simple trick to pay your regards to the creators of excellent content you admire.
Steps to Repost an Image
- Open the official Instagram app on your mobile device and log in with your credentials.
- Tap on the search bar at the top and type in the handle of the Instagram user whose you wish to repost an image from.
- Afterward, from that profile, you can select the post you want to use for reposting on Instagram.
- Simply take a screenshot of the photo you want to reshare. Please note that this step varies for different operating systems and devices, but you should be able to do this with just a quick search on Google.
- Return to your Home Feed and tap on the plus icon at the bottom of the screen. This action will fire up the regular post sharing feature.
- From there, you can optionally edit the screenshot and add filters to it. However, we do not suggest you edit any parts of the image as that can be discourteous to the original owner.
- Subsequently, you can add a caption and share your repost with your followers and make them see that content that you liked so much.
Do not forget to give credits to the original poster and let them know that you reposted their content on your profile. Otherwise, you may get in trouble. You never know. Better be safe than sorry.
This situation is especially true as you did not use a third-party program which adds a stripe on the photo to let other Instagram users remember that this image was reposted by you.
Use Repost for Instagram App to Make it Easy
If you do not desire to fiddle with these time-consuming steps, you can use some prevalent third-party apps to make them do the work for you. These apps usually demand compensation for their services. However, their free versions should do the trick too.
With more than 200.000 downloads on Google Play Store, Repost for Instagram is undoubtedly the best repost app for Instagram.
Let’s have a look at the details of the app to avoid any confusion on your part and smooth experience for reposting on Instagram.
Steps to Repost
- Before we go into the details, you should download the app from either App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android) by clicking on the anchored texts.
- After the completion of your download, install the app, and launch it for the first time on your mobile device.
- Open up the official Instagram and log in with your information if you did not already.
- Scroll through your Home Feed and find some Instagram pictures you would want to repost on your profile.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of the screen and tap on the option to copy the post’s URL to your clipboard from the pop-up menu.
- Return to Repost for Instagram app to realize that the post you selected is showing up on the list for possible reposts. If you copied multiple pictures, pick the best one among them, and tap on the image you want to reshare.
- From there, select the watermark option to be featured on your repost. If you make the in-app purchases and go premium on the app, you can remove the watermarks entirely.
- Afterward, tap on the ‘Repost’ button to return to the official Instagram app and copy the caption of the original post if you wish to do so.
- Optionally, you can add filters to your repost and some additional captions which would be relevant to the original post.
As easy as that, you managed to repost on Instagram with just some simple steps. The handle of the original creator of the post will be visible on the watermark, which is evident in the image.
Things to Consider When Reposting on Instagram
As we showed you how smooth it is to repost someone’s content on your profile, there are some essential things to consider when acting to pay your regards to someone. While you may want to appreciate them for their creation, you might unwantedly get into some serious trouble.
- First of all, you should get the creator’s consent before reposting their content. If they do not want you to reshare it on your profile, then there is no discussion.
- Do not forget to either tag the person on the image or embed a watermark with their Instagram username in the picture.
- Additionally, it would be ideal if you quote the exact caption they used on the post before adding your own remarks.