With over a billion users, Instagram is undoubtedly one of the largest social media networks today. Even though it didn’t have many features on the first day, it has started to add new hallmarks in recent years in the field of picture editing and instant sharing. However, the most essential function that Instagram has preserved since its release is sharing a post as, as you may guess. On a platform with so many users, it makes sense to ask yourself the following questions, what to post on Instagram, and how to post on Instagram?
Your posts can be an authoritative source of advertising for your business, or you can create stylish images for your individual account. Brief advice, if you want your interactions to build quickly, keep this in mind: “When is the best time to post on Instagram?”
Although the question of how to share posts on Instagram seems a no brainer for such an influential platform, we think that the number of users who will do it for the first time should not be underestimated, since it seems like internet usage is less common than we thought.
What Can I Post on Instagram?
Before learning the answer to how do you post on Instagram, you should know what you can share. We don’t need to remind you that you can only share photos and videos on Instagram. But when we think of it as the way it is displayed, we have two kinds of options: standard post and story sharing.
Stories have been in our lives for the past few years after Snapchat, and we can see that most platforms and applications are quickly getting a piece on that piece.
We think the reason for this popularity is that people want to share something temporarily and they get validated with the interest shown to that share in an instant manner.
If you’ve found the best time to post on Instagram to suit your audience, let’s move on to sharing options.
Regular Instagram Posts
An ordinary post consists of a publicly shared image or video. Therefore, at least the images have been available from the day Instagram was established. Your posts are displayed on your profile as long as you want.
- People can like, comment, and share these posts with others.
- You can adjust some fundamental photo or video settings such as brightness, sharpness, and add filters before sharing.
- In the last stage of your sharing, you can enter location information and add a caption to this post.
You can also tag other Instagram users to this post, whether you follow them or not. The accounts you’ve tagged appear in the place when the post is tapped.
The hashtags you add to the caption section will list your posts on the pages of those hashtags. When you share a post, people can see the number of people who liked that post, read their comments and see the tagged people.
And don’t worry, you can delete any comments which you don’t like.
Stories are popular with Snapchat but they are now supported by most apps. Story shares are instantly shared and shown only for 24 hours. If 24 hours have passed since it’s come up, it will be removed from your account. Therefore, people will not be able to access it.
Unfortunately, there are no likes and comments in story sharing. But you can tag other Instagram users in your stories, just like in posts.
You can add GIFs, stickers, and time information to these story shares. There are a few new features that were added with the latest updates.
How to Delete Facebook? (Both Ways)
Facebook is a platform where many users spend most of their time today. On the Facebook platform, as well as many people request to create a large num...
In Instagram stories, you can get questions from your followers, answer them, conduct polls, and see the results altogether.
How to Post on Instagram
We assume that Instagram is installed on your phone, and you have an account. Actually, that’s all you need to post on Instagram. The other steps are just a few clauses. If you’re ready, let’s go into details on how to share posts on Instagram in only a few steps.
Note: You can’t take or upload photos from a desktop computer. Instagram Help
However, there are some unofficial ways to post on Instagram from any PC.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Tap the ”+” button on the bottom and center of the interface.
- Instagram will show you the photos and videos that you have in your phone’s gallery. Select the content you want to post from here. You can also take a picture or video with your camera by swiping your screen to right. When you are ready, touch the “Next” button in the upper right corner.
- Instagram will offer you 25 filters. Choose the one that suits your photo, and tap the “Next” button in the top right. You can also move to the “Edit” section by swiping your screen to the left. From there, you can adjust your basic photo settings such as brightness and contrast.
- You can enter a caption tıo your post at the top. As you go down, you’ll find more detailed settings like tagging people, adding locations, and automatically sharing your content on social media.
- When you are ready, touch the “Share” button in the upper right corner.