In this article, we will show you how to send messages on Instagram, how to DM on Instagram via the Instagram app, how to check your DM on Instagram and also how to DM on Instagram on PC.
Instagram is generally known for its focus on photo and video sharing, but it also encourages its users to use the platform to chat with friends and other people from around the world.
With this, Instagram users will see Instagram not only as a platform to keep up with the latest trends, news and social updates but also as a tool for keeping in touch with friends, families, social media influencers and people from everywhere.
What Is a Direct Message Anyway?
To start chatting on Instagram, you need to send someone Instagram messages, in other words, Instagram DMs.
DM means direct message, it is an Instagram feature that allows you to send private messages to other people. If someone wants to reach out to you, they can also send you a DM.
Besides messages, you can also share photos, videos, other people’s posts, audio recordings, gifs, etc.
You can even make video calls like FaceTime! With these moves, Instagram is on its way to becoming one of the best chat apps that exist today.
How Can You Send Direct Messages on Instagram?
Sending a DM on Instagram via the Instagram app is a simple process, and it will not take too much time, so don’t worry.
Just a few finger strokes on your app and just like that you can send Instagram DMs to anyone you like to talk; maybe your friends, your followers or just a stranger.
Also, you can send DMs to multiple users. How beautiful is that?
For PC, you can always use your web browser to use Instagram on PC, but it’s not including the option to use direct message feature.
How to DM on Instagram from a PC (Two Ways)
If you want to send DMs on Instagram on PC, there are two options:
- you can use Instagram for Windows 10,
- or use Instagram on PC via BlueStacks.
So we are going to show you how to send Instagram DMs on PC and how to send Instagram DMs via the Instagram app.
Let’s start with the first one:
for Windows 10
- Go to Microsoft’s App Store, download the Instagram for Windows app.
- Install the program on your PC and then run it.
- By clicking the direct message icon, you can send private messages on Instagram and check your DMs.
Instagram on PC via BlueStacks
- BlueStacks is a popular Android app emulator for PC and Mac; also it’s free to use. Download BlueStacks on your computer from the BlueStacks website and install it.
- When the installation process is completed, click on “Finish.”
- When you see the welcome page, click on the right arrow button.
- Then you need to insert your Google account credentials and complete the setup. Then you can click on “Search.”
- Type Instagram and click on the app icon when it shows up. This will take you to the Play Store, and there you can download Instagram.
- Install the Instagram app, launch the app, and log in.
- Then the Instagram app will open on your computer, and you can use DMs as you wish.
We should tell you that you can send direct messages to
anyone you want. If you don’t follow them or they don’t follow you, the message
will show as a request in their Direct inbox.
How to DM on Instagram on Mobile (the App)
Let’s go step by step.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone. If you haven’t logged into Instagram yet, log in first by typing your username or phone number and password. If you already logged into Instagram, your home page will open automatically.
- Tap the paper plane/arrow icon that is on the top right corner of your screen. This will open a screen called “Direct.” This is the page where you are going to send DMs.
- If you are already having a conversation and want to continue, this conversation will show up here so that you can tap it and send messages, photos, videos, etc.
- If you want to start a new conversation, tap the plus icon that is on the top right corner of your screen.
- On this page, you should just type the username of the person you want to send a private message.
- Then tap on the person’s account. If you want to send private messages to more than one person, you can keep typing their username and tap on the accounts you like to add.
- Then you should tap “Next” that is on the top right corner of your screen.
- This will open a screen where you can send DMs to a person or people. Enter your message in the chatbox to start a conversation with another person or people.
There Are Tons of Stuff Which You Can DM
How to Delete Facebook? (Both Ways)
Facebook is a platform where many users spend most of their time today. On the Facebook platform, as well as many people request to create a large num...
Unfollow on Instagram in 6 Easy Steps
On Instagram, we need to follow people in order to make them a part of our feed, which we check 8 to 12 times a day on average. So, when we follow som...
You can also send
DMs to someone by opening their Instagram page, tap the “Message,” and it will
take you to the person’s and your message box.
In the chatbox, there are three icons that you can use to send audios, videos, photos, and gifs. They are side by side at the right of the chatbox; the first one is for audios, the second one is for pictures and videos, the third one is for gifs.
At the left of the chatbox, there is a blue-white camera icon that you can use to send disappearing photos, videos, boomerangs, etc.
Send a Post via DMs
- If you want to send a post to someone via direct messages, there is a paper plane/arrow icon on the post’s bottom, tap it, select the person you want to send and tap “Send.”
As you see; sending someone DMs, creating a group chat, checking your direct messages, using Instagram on your computer, etc. is that simple and useful.
Instagram is one of the most popular apps from our day. You can find a lot of people to chat, socialize and make friends by using this app.
And knowing how to use DMs is going to help you a lot with that. Even if you don’t have your phone by your side or just want to see Instagram from a bigger screen, now you know how to use Instagram from your PC.
These options will always help you keep up with social media.