Thousands of people continue to sign up every day on Twitter, a news source for some, and a tool for sharing ideas and thoughts for others. However, in addition to this increase in users, many users may want to delete their Twitter account either temporarily or permanently because of some situations they face or just because they want to.
We think it would be wrong to say that Twitter does not affect our daily lives with so many users. The effect of Twitter is now visible in art, sports, and even politics. You may want to close your Twitter account because of what you wrote or written to you among all these pressing issues and information.
It may seem like a simple question, but the Twitter account deletion process can become a complicated process from time to time. We will discuss this in detail in the continuation of our content.
How to Close a Twitter Account Permanently
First, you should know that you cannot permanently remove your account on Twitter immediately. The permanent removal of the Twitter account involves the same steps as temporarily deactivating, as we will explain in detail in a subheading.
If you would like to have your account permanently deleted, do not reactivate it for the next 30 days. Then your account will be permanently deleted. Then You can then permanently delete Twitter from your phone.
What You Need To Know Before Closing Your Twitter Account
If you perform the procedures described in this article correctly, you will be able to close your account entirely and will not be able to reaccess your account with the same username and password. So you’ll have to create a Twitter account again, gain followers, and follow others.
For this reason, we advise you to think several times before deleting your account. Fortunately, Twitter gives its users a certain amount of time to undo.
Also, the process is exactly the same for Night Mode Twitter, so do not hesitate to proceed with different themes on.
Twitter will give you 30 days after any account deactivation. If you wish to re-activate your account within these 30 days, log in again.
Exactly. You don’t need a desktop computer to request the creation of your Twitter archive. You can make this request by following the same steps through the mobile application.
How to Delete a Suspended Twitter Account
Sorry, you cannot perform any action on a suspended account. Before you can delete a suspended account, the account must not be in the suspended state.
You can reach the Twitter support center by e-mail. Once your account is active again, you can delete your account by following the steps below.
Finally, deleting Twitter can cost you a lot of things. But if it hurts your life, there’s nothing more natural than doing it.
How to Download Your Twitter Archive
You may want to keep your relevant data before deleting your account. Twitter offers you an option for this. To download your Twitter data, go to Settings > Account > Twitter Data.
- On this page, you will be able to request that Twitter create an archive containing details about your account.
- As this archive includes precise information about your account, Twitter will once again ask you for a password.
- When the file is ready, you will receive an email with a download link to the email address defined in your account.
How to Temporarily Deactivate a Twitter Account
We mentioned that it would take 30 days for Twitter to delete your account permanently. But if you want to disappear for a few days or weeks, not forever, this option is for you. In this policy, Twitter uses to prevent erroneous transactions, and once you temporarily deactivate your account, you should not log in again for as long as you want it to remain. You only need to log in when you want to activate.
Temporarily deactivating your Twitter account is more comfortable than most other social media platforms. All you need to do is to follow the steps below and not log back in a while your account is deactivated.
To do this from your mobile phone some time ago, you had to do the account deactivation page on the web browser with the “show desktop version” option. But now with the new update, you can do it through the mobile application!
- Log in to your Twitter profile via the mobile app or desktop browser.
- You can either use this Twitter deactivate link or follow the steps below to access the related page.
- If you are on a web browser, click the “More” button on the left side of the updated new interface and click the “Settings and Privacy” pane in the window that opens. If you are on the mobile application, swipe your finger to the right. You will see “Settings and Privacy” in the section that appears. Tap on it to proceed.
- On the Settings and Privacy page, click or touch the “Account” button. You’ll see your account settings.
- Click or tap “Disable your account” at the bottom of the account settings page.
- Twitter will alert you with a long text. If you agree, confirm and disable it. Congratulations!