Something we all should know about in this dynamic platform is: how to delete an Instagram post?
You posted something, and now you want it to be gone. We’ve all been there.
Instagram is a platform full of dynamism: new posts every second, new stories as if people are Tolkien himself, follows and unfollows everywhere.
Instagram tries to simplify itself with every update it releases. They try to reduce the amount of work to do something on Instagram to a mere few clicks and taps.
Thus, deleting something from your Instagram profile isn’t something pain in the back.
Can You Delete Instagram Posts?
While it is a question that depends relatively on your abilities, deleting Instagram posts is quite an easy task.
To be honest, posting something on Instagram is more complicated than deleting one.
So if you managed to post something on your profile, chances are you are going to nail this.
Let’s take a look.
Steps to Delete Posts
- First, go to your Instagram profile.
- Then tap on the post you want to be removed.
- Then tap on the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner of your post. On the pop-up menu, you’ll see your options.
- Now the first option is to Archive, which will remove the post you want to be removed from your profile but it will not delete it, instead, it will archive it to be posted again with all its likes and comments. It will be invisible to the people except you so you might want to consider this option.
- Although if you want this post to be really gone, then the last option on the pop-up menu is the Delete option, which is in red. Tap on it.
- Tap on the Delete again once the warning message comes up.
- Woosh! Your post is gone!
Now that this is out of our way let’s answer some questions.
Common Questions About Instagram Posts
Q: Someone posted a photo on Instagram that features me in it, and I don’t want it. How can I delete it?
A: While we can’t delete someone else’s photo, we can hide the picture we are tagged in, and that will effectively remove the photo from our profile. To do this, please proceed and follow these quick steps:
Steps to Remove Your Tag
- Proceed to your Instagram profile and navigate to the “Tagged Photos of You”section.
- Tap on the unwanted photo with you in it.
- Tap on the three horizontal dots (upper right corner of the picture).
- Then hit the Photo Options.
- In there, you can choose between the options Show on My Profile or Hide from My Profile.
- Also, if you tap on the More Options, you can choose to Remove Me from Post option, which will remove the photo tag.
That’s it. Now that unwanted photo won’t show up in your profile.
Q: Someone commented on my post, and it offends me. How can I remove it?
A: It is probably the easiest thing to do in this article. To do that, please follow these steps:
Steps to Remove Comments
- Go to your post that got the unwanted comment.
- Tap on the comments to extend the section.
- Find the unwanted comment and slide it to the left, which will reveal your options.
- Tap on the trash bin, which will delete the comment right away.
- If you change your mind about it, you can tap on the Undo button which will show up right after you delete a comment.
And you’re done. Pesky comments are gone.
Well obviously (and probably sadly) you cannot delete someone else’s post on Instagram. But, if you’re offended or disturbed by the post of someone else, you can always report the said post to Instagram authorities so they might take it down.
Unfortunately, there’s no way of deleting an Instagram post on PC’s or laptops. If you need to delete a post, you need to access the mobile app and follow through the steps we mentioned before.
See? It’s not really hard to do all of these. But, if you are someone who wants to delete multiple Instagram photos, then these are all pretty much hard work to do on all the images you wish to remove.
So you might be asking the big question.
How to Delete All My Instagram Photos at Once?
Now, unfortunately, Instagram doesn’t allow us to delete multiple photos at once. So you need to rely on 3rd party applications for this mission.
If you are an Android user, you can use Instant Clear, Cleaner for Instagram, or Mass Delete for Instagram. They are all easy to use.
However, if you are an iOS user, you can only use Cleaner for Instagram.
Yes, it’s a bummer that we can’t use the other ones, but chin up, Cleaner for Instagram will most likely suffice.
Acting to delete an Instagram post is something essential. Our likes and dislikes, hobbies, and interests might change any moment, and Instagram provides us with a simple way to do this.
With this practice, we can leave the unwanted history behind, never to be shown again.
Be safe and have fun!
Why not leave a comment real quick?