Social media platforms, such as Instagram, are useful from time to time but can kill most of our time. Are you looking at Instagram too long until you can’t know how many hours you spend? Or you’re not happy with what you’ve been sharing so far, and you want to disappear for a while. That’s when you can think to deactivate an Instagram account.
If you think you should do something about your Instagram addiction at least every few days, stop delaying it. Now is the time to do it.
Taking a break from your social life won’t make you sick; everyone may need a break from time to time. You can permanently delete your account, or deactivate it in the hope of returning one day.
Can I Deactivate an Instagram Profile?
Yes, you can temporarily disable Instagram definitely. Like many other social media platforms, Instagram offers users the option of temporarily removing their accounts.
This process allows users to go back and reactivate their accounts if they give up within a certain period. Who wouldn’t want a second chance to return from a wrong decision?
- When you deactivate your Instagram account, you’ll disappear. For a while. Instagram will keep your data until the day you return.
- You will not lose any of your followers, and the people you follow will not have lost you. You will not lose any direct messages or posts you have sent while you have a deactivated Instagram account.
- When you activate your Instagram account again, you will be able to continue your Instagram adventure without losing any data.
Things to Know Before Instagram Account Deactivation
- Instagram will ask you to enter your password with a series of explanations before you can deactivate IG. If you have forgotten your password, follow the prompts of Instagram to remind you of your password.
- Make sure you want to temporarily disable Instagram. Maybe you want some people to access your account? To ensure this, you can try to make your account private. When you make your account private, people who want to follow you will need your approval.
- There is no specific day limit on Instagram account deactivation. Once you deactivate your account, it will be stored until you log in again and will not be permanently deleted. The next time you log in, your account will be accessible.
How to Disable Instagram Account: Step-by-Step Guide
Unfortunately, it is not possible to disable your Instagram account via the mobile app. To do this, you need to log in to the web version of Instagram from your phone browser or a computer.
How to Delete Facebook? (Both Ways)
Facebook is a platform where many users spend most of their time today. On the Facebook platform, as well as many people request to create a large num...
You will then have successfully deactivated your Instagram account by following the steps below.
- If you have not yet access the web version of Instagram, access it using this link.
- Log in to your Instagram account by entering your username and password.
- Go to your profile page with the humanoid button at the top right.
- Click the “Edit profile” button next to your username.
- Click “Temporarily disable my account” at the bottom of the page.
- Instagram will ask you why you want to disable your account. Answer or leave blank.
- Enter your password in the section below.
- Click the “Temporarily disable my account” button one more time. Congratulations!
What Happens When
You Deactivate Instagram?
Actually… Nothing. Nothing except when you deactivated Instagram, you can’t use Instagram, you can’t share any posts, and you can’t see shared posts, send direct messages to someone. They will be deprived of your photos and videos for a while.
- The number of followers of the accounts you follow will drop by one, and so the number of people your followers follow. But don’t worry, when you reactivate your account, you won’t have to follow anyone again, and you won’t lose your followers.
- Your name will appear as “Instagrammer” in the people you send direct messages to. Even if your account is deactivated, people will still be able to access their direct messages with you. But they won’t be able to send new messages.
- People who follow you will receive a “no such user found” warning when they enter your profile. You probably experienced the same thing when someone blocked you, so it’s a good idea to inform the people you care about temporarily closing your account. Then you can easily deactivate IG account.